Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tobias update

Today has been quite a day. Definitely not what we expected.

I had my doctor's appointment at 11 o'clock. I knew that I would be at Labor and Delivery at 3 o'clock for my NST. No biggie.

At my doctor's appointment my blood pressure was up (139/93). Mix that with my cramping, bleeding, losing my mucus plug, not being able to keep food down, and the high heart rate Tobias had on Monday led to a concerned doctor. I was also 1 cm dilated. So an ffn was taken and I was sent to the hospital.

At the hospital I was set up in a triage room, hooked up the monitors, and blood pressure cuff. Laid on my side and tried to rest. Meanwhile, Sherwood hung out in his stroller.

Tobias' heart rate was really high (180s-200s) for a good 40 minutes but finally went down. Blood was taken, and the nurse blew 2 veins to get the vials. They eventually came back alright. After awhile they decided to hook me up to an iv because I hadn't eaten and I was cramping really bad. They also made me order some food from the cafeteria. After a really long wait and a lot of back and forth they decided to send me to have a bpp and fluid check via ultrasound, free to go if that came back ok.

This left us at the hospital for a long time. Thank God Nenna was able to bring Aaron to the hospital and take Sherwood. We didn't get to leave until after 4. But they weren't sure at 12 that they were going to let me go home at all.

Now I am home with directions to be on partial bed rest and do another 24 hour urine test followed by a doctor's appointment on Monday. Dr. says he would like me to get to next week (34 weeks) but then they would let me have Tobias. So we may be meeting our little guy a lot sooner than expected. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment