Monday, February 21, 2011

Update (week 33 and a half)

I had a follow up appointment today to talk to one of the ob/gyns about all the tests that were done at the hospital on Thursday and Friday.

First, I have only gained one pound in the last two months. Not a horrible thing but shows how malnourished I have really been. I've kept food down the last couple of days but even with that it hasn't been very large quantities.

Second, they found protein in my 24 hour urine sample. I was kind of hoping they would, as this would explain a lot of my symptoms. At the moment they aren't overly concerned because it is a relatively low amount of protein (338 mg where 300 mg is considered the highest that is "normal"). But there was talk about how it will likely increase and that there is a good chance that I will have to be induced. Essentially I have had two doctors tell me that I will probably be induced in the near future for the health of the baby and myself unless I naturally go into labor in the next couple of weeks.

Third, my blood pressure was up. Just the bottom number, fortunately, but it was in the low 90s again.

I got to meet one of the head nurses of the NICU today and was able to get a tour of the NICU. I think that helped a little. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and although I hope Tobias will not have to be in it, it is good to know that it is so well prepared and that the people who work there are so nice. It was also good to see so it is one less unknown.

Meanwhile, Sherwood is majorly teething, growing, and eating us of house and home. But he is so much fun and it is a pleasure to watch him grow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment