Saturday, November 20, 2010

A New Week

So I gave up on the blog challenge, for a couple of reasons. First of all it was too hard to keep up with as Sherwood didn't allow me the time to really sit down and post, and when he did there were other things I wanted to do instead. Second, it kept repeating itself and I really didn't see the point. It was fun at first but I have other things to do with my time. I so would have continued it 6 or so months ago!

Here's an update on my life as a mommy.

Monday we went to do an ultrasound for our second little one and found out that it is a BOY! We are pretty excited about this and praying that the two boys will become good friends. Now we just have to figure out a name.

He is turned backwards and is breech. The same position Sherwood was in up until the day before he was born. I am hoping that this little guy will turn around long before we go into labor. Glad we have time!


Because he was turned around they weren't able to really see if the heart is okay and they weren't able to get a profile picture. But because of my blood pressure I will be getting ultrasounds every month for the rest of the pregnancy so hopefully we will have better luck next time. Everything else looked good though, and he is a nice healthy 12 ozs. Seems so small considering that Sherwood is 17 pounds 12 ozs but I am grateful for the smallness at this point since it means that his kicks aren't quite so powerful. He sure is kicking a lot these days!

We are still debating names. We pretty much have the middle two figured out but still haven't hit on the perfect first name. Hopefully we will come up with one soon. There was one we thought of last night but we are still letting it roll around our tongues to see what we really think.

But things are good with our little monkey. I call him "monkeybrother" to Sherwood who thinks it is absolutely hilarious.

Meanwhile, Sherwood is growing at an amazing pace! I am constantly changing out his clothes because he is outgrowing them from one wash to another. He went from wearing 0-3 months in the middle of October to wearing 6-9 months now. That was a heck of a lot of clothes to sort through in the last month! I think he has completely grown out of all of his 3-6 month clothes, with a few exceptions, this week.

At his WIC appointment on Wednesday he weighed 17 pounds 12 ozs and was 25 1/2 inches long. He was wearing his diaper and clothes but still. That is a huge difference from the 14 pounds that he was two months ago! And to think he was a tiny 6 pounds 12 ozs when he was born...

He has his 6 month appointment on the 29th since he turns 6 months on the 26th, which is a holiday on base. I can't believe its been 6 months already! Seems like just yesterday that I was waiting for my little man to come out so that I could hold him in my arms. I will never forget how happy just holding my little guy made me. Of course it helps that he can remind me of it on a daily basis. I am excited to watch him grow but there is a part of me that is already mourning over the fact that he is growing so fast. Before I know it he is going to be a teenager, and driving me crazy!

Food has become our latest experiment. We have tackled the eating thing again and he LOVES to eat! We discovered at Halloween that pumpkin is fine for him to eat. About the same time we learned that he can have apple juice and applesauce. For awhile I just left it at that. This week we have discovered that he is good with pears and carrots as well. The boy just downed a whole container of carrots and wanted more! I am thinking of getting him some oatmeal to try because the food doesn't seem to be sticking and I thought maybe oatmeal would work since he was allergic to the rice. I'm also hoping he's grown out of his allergies to the rice cereal and to the bananas. Or that he will soon.

Monday night we went and took pictures at Sears. They turned out so good! We ended up spending more than we intended to but we got a great package and I can't wait to have them. But then I will have to get them in frames and convince Aaron to put them on the walls. (I have been wanting to get a lot of things on the walls but it hasn't happened...)

We got a changing table at Airman's Attic recently and I am very excited about that. I need Aaron's office to move into the new building so that he can take the boxes that are currently in Sherwood's room and I can get it set up. I want Sherwood to move in there after the new year. That way he will be ready when his brother comes and takes over his space in our room. Eventually I want to put them both in the room together but I would like to keep the new little guy in our room for the first 6 months. It brings me great comfort to be able to check on them frequently during that window when SIDS is at the highest risk. Plus, it makes my life easier when I have to do middle of the night feedings. I'd really like a new swing (one that is higher off the ground and plugs in) and a bassinet but we'll see what happens.

Aaron has been busy studying for his CDCs and also has a PT test coming up in the next month. He's been under a lot of stress with those two things and I will be glad when he is done. But he has still been an amazing dad to Sherwood, helping him crawl and helping me out on the weekends, in particular. Sherwood is madly in love with his daddy.

Me, I've been busy with taking care of Sherwood, trying to take care of myself for the monkeybrother's sake, and crafting as often as possible. I've been getting quite a bit done. Now if only people would buy the things they are looking at...

Thanksgiving is this week and we have most of the stuff already for it. We will be picking up the stuff for pumpkin pie, and Aaron's cranberries later today, but otherwise I think we have everything. The base gave us a turkey which was a huge blessing. I am really looking forward to it. Sherwood will get to have some sweet potatoes of his own and I will probably let him try the cranberries.

We are also getting things together (mentally) for our trip back home in a month. It'll be good to see everyone and will be the first time my siblings are all together for Christmas in 5 (?) years. Mom is very excited about that.

And that's life in this Goodman Mommy's world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment