Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blog Challenge Day 1

A recent picture of me and 15 random things about me:


I love this picture of my little family! Krystal took it for us when she was visiting us and I enhanced it with Picnik. It was taken in Lewes, De near the Lightship Overfalls. I loved having Krystal here to visit and was thrilled to share a bit of our life with her. If only she could have stayed longer!

15 Random Things About Me:

15. I hate it when people whistle. For some reason it has always given me a headache and it drives me crazy.

14. I first learned how to crochet from my mom when I was about 8 but didn't really learn until my grandma taught my cousin and I when I was 11 years old. Now I still love to crochet. My favorite stitch is the double crochet and my favorite things to make are scarves and flowers.

13. I have an obsession with collecting things. I like to collect dvds, cds, and books. I also like to collect snow-globes. The sad part is I have no furniture in our house to actually display my collections.

12. Aaron is the only man that I ever kissed. 

11.  I LOVE cheese! But being lactose intolerant makes it difficult to enjoy the many different varieties. I would rather be sick, though, than give up my cheese (or pizza).

10. I have always wanted to preform on Broadway. Although I can sing, and can act (at least decently), I have never really danced and I lack the confidence to even try out for anything locally, let alone in NYC.

9. When I was a kid I was very jealous of my brother James because he got to sing in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade with the Tucson Boys Chorus and I had always dreamed of singing in the parade.

8. I love everything Disney. If I could, I would visit Disneyland every day of my life and would have my house all decked out in Disney items.

7. I have always dreamed of being a mommy. For as long as I can remember I had a doll that I carried around with me and treated as my baby. I used to have my mom babysit my dolls when I was doing something else. I would also dress them up and put them at my little table every Sunday for Sunday school.

6. I love the band Styx. It always reminds me of a good day when my dad was still living with my mom and it was pouring outside. Dad was at the computer and my brothers and I went "swimming" in the wash in our driveway. I don't remember the details but Styx is in the background of this happy memory.

5. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love everything about the season from the lights to the music to the smells to the giving. But every Christmas night I get sad because the season is over, and everything and everyone goes back to normal.

4. I'm actually really grateful that our kids are going to be close together. Although it wasn't exactly planned, I am so glad that they are going to be close in age. It will almost be like having twins, which I have always wanted. 

3. I have really eclectic tastes. I vary so drastically in what I read and in what I watch that it is hard to predict what you are going to find me entertained by at the moment.  

2. Bath and Body Works is the only store that sells (inexpensive) scents and air fresheners that I can handle due to my allergies. They also sell the best fall/winter air fresheners!

1. I just started a crafting "business" which is something that I have always wanted to do. I wish that I could spend my days crafting and that I had an unlimited supply of money to do so. I hope that someday we can retire someplace where I can have a crafting room and spend my days piddling away on my crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment